Become a SMASH volunteer and help keep the music industry alive in Seattle!
Volunteer opportunities are needed throughout the year, ranging from manning booths and taking donations at music events, social media, working with members, operations, web page development, spreading the word about SMASH, and helping the SMASH board in building the SMASH community.
Check back periodically to see if there’s something you can help us with! Your support is key to SMASH’s success!
Contact Jackie Ryall at Jackie@smashseattle.org with your inquiries on the volunteer positions and with questions on how you can help SMASH.
Project Coordinator SMASH Volunteer
Project Coordinator_SMASH Volunteer (link to full description)
This is a part time Volunteer Limited-Term position, 12-20 hours/week (TBD), for approximately 6 months.
Coordinate administrative projects to ensure the operational success of SMASH. Initiate, plan, execute, and complete projects as directed by the SMASH Board. Identify resources needed and develop project time lines. Communicate with SMASH Board regarding status of specific projects. Create and maintain standard processes. Complete data entry of key information groups, to include finance, membership, volunteers and donors.
This volunteer role is responsible for high quality interactions and clear, consistent and confidential communications with SMASH members, donors and partners. Those who appreciate local music and have a good sense of humor are encouraged to apply.
Give Big / Giving Tuesday Online Fundraising Volunteer
Volunteer needed to coordinate SMASH Give Big and Giving Tuesday fundraising efforts.
Give Big – May 9, 2018
Giving Tuesday – November 27, 2018
SMASH is looking for a media-friendly, music-loving volunteer to help plan and execute our 2018 online fundraising campaigns! A passionate, self-motivated individual is needed to help fund our goals to provide preventative healthcare services, information and advocacy to Seattle-area working musicians. The project will coordinate SMASH Give Big/Giving Tuesday fundraising efforts under guidance by the SMASH Board of Directors.
- Becoming familiar with Give Big, Giving Tuesday website instructions and tools to optimize donations to SMASH via these one-day online giving campaigns.
- Registering SMASH, with guidance if needed, for participation.
- Development of message verbiage, with guidance, to promote SMASH fundraising in these campaigns. Messages will include FB posts prior-to and day-of fundraising event dates, and emails prior to and during the event dates. Volunteer input is encouraged to help explore and employ ways to maximize fundraising around these events.
- Execution of social media/email messaging campaign day-of fundraising events (5/9/2018, 11/27/2018).
- Providing post-campaign input to analyze efforts and improve future efforts.